HyColour Lite – Super Handy FCPX Colour Correction
HyColour Lite is a really neat colour grading effect for FCPX that brings white balance, exposure, green cast removal, saturation, colour bias, sharpening and a broadcast safe filter, together in one place. Super handy, super cool.
Whilst FCPX is cool, the colour correction interface can seem clumsy and unfamiliar to new users. With HyColour you have access to all the core colour correction tools in one place.
And if you’re a Lightroom user, you’ll feel right at home.
- White Balance with auto exposure compensation
- Fine tune white balance with Warm Hue and Cool Hue
- Overall Exposure control
- Individual control over Highlights, Mid Tones and Shadows
- Saturation Control
- Change the overall bias of the image with Green-Magenta and Yellow-Blue
(great for matching footage from different cameras after a multi-camera shoot)
- Incredible Green Cast Removal for removing colour casting when shooting under fluorescent lighting
- Easy Sharpening/Softening as well as advanced control as an option
- Broadcast Safe Filtering for when you output for broadcast
- Smooth controls. All of the sliders operate within real world limits.
Take control of white balance and with the additional flexibility of cool-hue and warm-hue controls to fine tune your look. A unique Auto Exposure option controls the exposure of your footage as you adjust the white balance.
Handy exposure controls to fine tune your footage are all in the same place as your other controls. Perform a primary colour grade all from the same interface.
Perfect for tweaking the overall bias of your footage to match the colour bias of one camera manufacturer to another. Out of the box, some cameras lean toward magenta in the flesh tones, others to green, others to yellow and others to blue. This simple tool addresses this issue.
The incredible one-click green cast removal tool
Shooting under fluorescent light? It often leaves a green cast that can be hard to get rid of. HyColour’s one click removal tool works like magic!
Easy and Advanced Image Sharpening/Softening
In EASY mode, HyColour has a super-easy to use sharpening/softening tool. Drag one way to sharpen, the other way to soften. Both are nicely calibrated so you won’t get ugly results. If you need to dig deeper, the advanced controls are where you’d expect them to be.
Broadcast Safe Filter
Outputting for broadcast? One click and you’re safe.
NOTE: This tutorial covers the features in version 1.0 of HyColour. The additional features of 1.5 are not covered but are very intuitive to use.